My Yesterdays

We all have our own road, our own pathways to follow, pathways that lead us from our past to our present, from our yesterdays into our tomorrows. May every step you take be guided by grace, may all your journeys be amazing adventure and may you never forget your yesterdays. ( Photo by: Sweet Melissa)

Monday, January 11, 2010

The Splinter

I was in the garden pulling weeds, my children out playing in the yard with my husband. when my youngest yelled ouch. He had gotten mine and my husbands attention no doubt. As any parent would do, we rushed over to him in worry. We checked where he had pointed to, with tears welling in his eyes he said, I stepped on something. Of course we brought him in and washed the dirt from his bare feet so that we may see what was hurting him. It was a tiny splinter. He had stepped on a bur in the yard and the tiny little thorns had broken off in his foot. We were able to get them out for the most part but he had one left that we were unable to reach so we decided to soak it, medicate it and let the natural courses of our bodies do the work and eventually push it out. It was just a little sliver anyway.The next day I kept a check on the progress and worried of the outcome. Every time my child stepped he fussed about it being there and it bothered me. I was worried about infection and told my husband that I would soak it that night and if it didn't soften enough to come out that I was going to carry him to the doctor to have it checked. That night I did just what I said and soaked it for what seemed to my son, like forever. And there it was, finally! My mind could rest at ease knowing that the splinter was gone. My little mans foot was all better. How could just a little splinter in a child's foot demand so much attention?How could it cause such a fuss?It's because we love them and do not want them to feel pain in anyway and we will do everything to make sure of it. God to ,wants that for us. He wants to make sure that our souls do not suffer so he sent his only Son to die on the cross for our sins so that we may have eternal life. What unconditional love God has for us that he sent Christ to die with nails in his hands, so that he could remove the splinter from our souls....







Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his son to be the propitiation for our sins.
1 John 4:10


God commendeth his love toward us, in that while we were sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8

1 comment: